Put that Allen's Coffee Brandy down for a second and check this out! Thrillist has ranked all 50 states based on how much they love their booze, and Maine came in number 10! Woo hoo!
So how did we beat states like Massachusetts and Kentucky? We've got a ton local breweries. In fact 4.7 craft breweries per 100,000 people in Maine. We like our local beer!
Here's how each state's booze factor was calculated:
- Breweries per 100,000 adults 21+
- Number of distilleries, wineries and vineyards.
- Last call times
- Days a week alcohol is sold
- Bars per capita
- Underage exemptions (Those that allow under 21 to drink get a boost)
- Economic impact of craft beer by state (That's a big one for Maine)
- Gallons of alcohol consumed per capita
The number one spot goes to Oregon and dead last was Arkansas.
So congratulations Maine! You're drunk. Go home.