Rave ‘N’ Rage 2/22/2018 – Metal, Movies and New Releases
This time of week is always a little taxing - you can feel the weekend coming on, but it still seems far away, as you've got two days of work between you and those glorious days off. Well, I'm here to shine a little light at the end of the tunnel: we've got some awesome live music happening this weekend, none of which you'll want to miss:
Stone Mountain Arts Center (Brownfield)
5:00pm Doors, 8:00pm Show
- This award winning band from western Maine is making waves all over the state. These guys perform their own unique, award winning blend of rock, folk and jazz, which feels totally natural. Take it from a musician - with three wildly different genres, that's pretty tough to do.
Devil’s Nite Out w/ 3FD, My Tempered Soul, Reaver
Live at 212 (Westbrook)
8:00pm Doors, 9:00pm Show
- It wouldn't be Rave 'N' Rage without one to thrash to! Devil's Nite Out is hot off a gig at Aura last weekend celebrating rock stars that have passed on, and are now set to take the stage at one of the rockiest clubs still standing in Southern Maine. Hop to it!
Grateful Dead Movie Screening
Port City Music Hall (Portland)
8:30pm Doors, 9:00pm Show
- Personally, I love concert movies, because not only does it focus on what a band sounds like live, it also presents the show in a larger than life way. That couldn't be more true of the Grateful Dead movie, which still holds up pretty damn well today. If you want to see where all of today's jam bands take their influence, it's right here.
KGFREEZE Initiator Release Show w/ Mouth Washington, Burr, $300
Portland House of Music (Portland)
8:00pm Doors, 9:00pm Show
$7 Advance, $10 Day of Show
- Kyle Gervais is one of Portland's true rock stars. His projects are always filled with good riffs and great energy, and KGFREEZE is no different. The guys are bringing the intensity to Portland House of Music to celebrate the release of their latest album Initiator, which is a welcome addition to this town's already stellar rock catalog.
State Theatre (Portland)
7:00pm Doors, 8:00pm Show
$23 Advance, $25 Day of Show
- Speaking of jam bands, it doesn't get much jammier than this. Twiddle have a great, reggae influenced sound that was born here in New England - Vermont, to be exact. These guys are known for their legendary live show, so if you want to experience these guys the way you were meant to, I'd go ahead and grab a ticket.
Well, that's what I've got for y'all this weekend. Did I miss something you're excited about? Feel free to share event details in the comments to spread the word!