Rave ‘N’ Rage 3/1/2018 – Festivals, Helping Animals and a Neville Brother
It's about time we got around to the weekend - I don't know about all you guys, but I'm starting the ol' Thursday slide a little early this week, and am seriously ready for some sleep, and catching up on chores... Oh, and live music! Here's what I've got for you this time around, and there's quite a bit:
TWO-DAY EVENTS (3/2 & 3/3)
Sunaana Music and Beer Festival
Brick South [on Thompson's Point] (Portland)
6:00pm Doors Fri 3/2, 3:00pm Doors Sat 3/3, with music to start an hour after open
$25-100 Tickets depending on preference
All Ages (but 21+ to drink... Duh)
- If you haven't heard about this yet, then you must live under one heck of a soundproof rock. Taking over Brick South for two whole days, this festival features beers from a TON of breweries both local and far away, as well as music from King Koyote, Bel Heir, Ceasetone, Jeremiah Freed, and MANY more.
Go Big for Hunger w/ Cyril Neville [Fri: w/ The Fogcutters // Sat: w/ Maine Dead Project]
Portland House of Music (Portland)
8:00pm Doors, 9:00pm Show for both nights
$25 Advance, $30 Day of Show
- Neville Brothers fans rejoice! Cyril is coming to Portland for a double dose of NOLA swagger. He'll be joined by two phenomenal local headlining acts, as well as a slew of other great artists for what's shaping up to be a pretty sweet night!
The Crown Vics
Atlantic Oceanside Event Center (Bar Harbor)
- The Crown Vics are a huge bundle of fun, mixing old-school rock and roll vibes with some nice modern appointments. They'll be rocking out on Saturday to benefit the SPCA of Hancock County, which means your ticket money will go to a good cause, and get you into a night of music. What's not to like?
Wait, Harbor Lights, Cape Cannons
Geno’s Rock Club (Portland)
8:30pm Doors, 9:00pm Music
- Three of Maine's coolest rock bands are coming together for a night of melodic, thoughtful tunes that still pack a punch. I have a soft spot for rock clubs, and Geno's definitely fits the bill.
Maine Academy of Modern Music Presents: Girls Rock!
Port City Music Hall (Portland)
4:00pm Doors, 4:30pm Show (w/ Free Matinee @ 1pm)
$12 Advance, $15 Day of Show
- There's always been a shortage of girls in rock music, and the Maine Academy of Modern Music is out to change that with this event. Celebrating the music of female artists, students from the school take the Port City Music Hall stage to show us that great music can come from all ages, shapes, sizes, and genders.
Arta'sin, Second Sight, Dirty Rotten Winter, Port City Saints, Conscious Cadaver
Live at 212 (Westbrook)
- Arta'sin is throwing their Back from Break party this Saturday, celebrating being back at their instruments after a little time away. They're bringing friends from a good selection of local rock acts, as well - plan on this one being loud and headbang-worthy!
That's all I have for this week! Did I miss something? Leave it in the comments!