The Top 5 Restaurants in the Augusta Area
The food scene around the capital city has slowly been gaining momentum in recent years, but who's the best of the best?
Yelp is a rating website. From restaurants to auto repair, hair salons and gyms, Yelp users rate all of it giving you, the consumer, a good idea of what to expect.
5. Cushnoc Brewing-A fairly new spot in Augusta having opened in the fall of 2017, Cushnoc has made a huge impact by making it to the top 5 list. Pizza and beer, is there a better combo?
Heather F. of Old Orchard Beach, Maine had this to say about her experience:
4. Riverfront Barbeque & Grille-A staple on Water Street in Augusta since 2007.
View this post on Instagram
A second night in a row of eating out with the housemates tonight. mmm, a really nice dry-rub BBQ is always so good. Everything was tasty, fall-of-the-bone ribs (half rack- there were 6 ribs), the seasoned fries, jalapeño cornbread, even the roasted veggies. They also had a small shelf on the front wall filled with many types of hot sauces... in case you wanted something diff on your ribs and wings. I forgot to take a pic of that ♀️. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #RiverfrontBBQ #RiverfrontBarbequeAndGrille #BarAndGrill #BBQ #Ribs #DryRub #SeasonedFries #RoastedVeggies #JalapenoCornbread #HotWings #BuffaloWings #Augusta #AugustaMaine #Maine #MaineEats
Whitney L. of Dover, New Hampshire visited recently and gave it 5 stars!
3. Sweet Chilli Thai-With arguably one of the best views in Augusta, Sweet Chilli Thai is located at the Augusta airport. Enjoy a great meal and watch the planes fly in and out!
R P. of Brunswick, Georgia gave a positive review from their visit this spring:
2. The Liberal Cup-It's no surprise that this Hallowell hotspot took the # 2 spot.
Steven M. had a minor issue, but "The Cup" made it right making for a great review:
1. The Red Barn-If you've never heard of The Red Barn, you should probably just return your Central Maine card now. With the generous owner, Laura, at the helm, with her countless donations and fundraisers, this Augusta seafood restaurant has even earned the attention of Forbes and NBC's Nightly News!
Search Ends H. had this to say about the bustling restaurant:
Did the Yelpers get it right? All I know for sure is now I'm hungry!