‘The Ultimate Metallica Show’ Recap: Volbeat, ‘So What’ + Chris Cornell
This past weekend's Ultimate Metallica Show was a lot of fun. I know, I know, I always say it, but I can't help it if it's true week in and week out.
And as you can see in the recap below, it's definitely true with our latest show.
We pulled out some killer live performances from a record store in California and an amphitheater in Texas; we played an unforgettable Soundgarden cover from the boys in tribute to Chris Cornell; and we even went a little country with Chris Stapleton's take on "Nothing Else Matters."
See what I mean? It really was fun.
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 1
- "Blackened" — ...And Justice For All
- "Seek & Destroy" — Kill 'Em All
- "Helpless" — Live at Rasputin Music, Berkeley, California, April 16, 2016
- "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" — Master of Puppets
- "Escape" — Ride the Lightning
- "Don't Tread on Me" — Cover by Volbeat, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "Low Man's Lyric" — Reload
- "My Apocalypse" — Death Magnetic
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 2
- "Last Caress" / "So What" / "Die, Die My Darling" — Live at Starplex Amphitheater, Dallas, Texas, Aug. 3, 2000
- "The Unforgiven" — Metallica
- "Head Injury" — Live at "I Am the Highway: A Tribute to Chris Cornell," The Forum, Los Angeles, California, Jan. 16, 2019
- "Poor Twisted Me" — Load
- "Ride the Lightning" — Ride the Lightning
- "Nothing Else Matters" — Cover by Chris Stapleton, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "Remember Tomorrow" — Maiden Heaven: A Tribute to Iron Maiden
- "Hit the Lights" — Kill 'Em All
Next weekend is Halloween, so we're going to do our best to celebrate all weekend long. If you have any spooky requests, hit me up in the Ultimate Metallica app and I will make sure to get your tunes into the show.