17 Maine Campgrounds Are Offering Discounts To Mainers This Summer, Here’s The List
According to News Center Maine, 17 campgrounds here in "Staycationland" are taking part in a promotion to get Mainers out to their campsites by offering a 10% discount.
"Maine Camping: Discover Your Own Back Yard" is just what we need right now. Check out the list of participating campsites and go out of your way to see a different spot in Maine. Visit with the loons, gaze at the stars, take a dip in a cool body of water and maybe even "slip n slide in your sleeping bag" as my friends ZZ Top would encourage.
Your reservation will help boost the local economy while you de-stress and enjoy time with people who are willing to put sunscreen on your back and eat the marshmallow you accidentally burnt while making 'smores. Bring your guitar along and make some memories around the campfire.
Here are some words that describe Maine camping: hiking, ponds, beaches, wildlife, lake, woods, swimming pool, campfire, kayaking, canoeing, bird watching, night sky, cold beer, paddle boarding, togetherness, cozy, frisbee, happy dog, bug spray, boating.
That's off the top of my head, check out some of these campgrounds to see what they offer and go enjoy our gorgeous backyard.
- Augusta West Campground, Winthrop
- Balsam Woods Campground, Abbot
- Birches Lakeside Campground, Litchfield
- Camden Hills Community Campground, Rockport
- Duck Puddle Campground, Nobleboro
- Lazy Frog Campground, Lebanon
- Loon's Haven Family Campground
- Martin Stream Campground
- Megunticook Campground by the Sea, Rockport
- Moosehead Family Campground, Greenville
- On the Saco Campground, Brownfield
- Pleasant Hill Campground, Hermon
- Pumpkin Patch RV Resort, Hermon
- Sebasticook Lake Campground, Newport
- Skowhegan KOA, Canaan
- Vacationland Campground, Harrison
- Wassamski Springs Campground, Scarborough
- Woodland Acres Campground, Brownfield
Visit the "Maine Camping: Discover Your Own Backyard" website for each campsite's details.
Did I talk you into it? Are you going camping soon? Any favorite campground to recommend? Comment on our Fan Page.