Blizzard Warnings Issued for Maine, New Hampshire & Massachusetts: 5 Things You Need to Know
The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning and severe winter storm warnings for most of New England.
This has the potential to be a dangerous storm. Here's what you need to know to get through it:
1) Blizzard warnings are only issued for severe winter storms with high winds and extremely low visibility.
2) Travel will be almost impossible in this storm if you're along the coast. Make plans to stay home and be safe.
3) With high winds forecasted for this storm, power outages are possible in the affected areas. Plan ahead with survival supplies, and be prepared to survive in the cold if you lose power or heat. This cold snap isn't over yet, either.
4) Snow totals will increase as you get further east. See the forecast maps below.
5) Winds are predicted to gust up to 50+ MPH, so be aware of downed tree limbs, power lines, and other debris with this storm.