Light Show in Eliot, Maine, Has Over 2 Million Lights, Making It New England’s Largest
I wouldn't delay buying tickets to Winter Wonders at Sandy Hill in Eliot, Maine.
Their focus is to '"create a magical world of illumination and fantasy that will be sure to bring the Winter Holiday Season to life!" It only takes a few pictures and a visit to their website to know this is a world-class event!
This is Winter Wonders at Sandy Hill in Eliot, Maine. They have upped their game every year and visitors respond with high ratings (over 4.9 out of 5.0). For most, getting rave reviews for what you have would be enough. Nope. For this year, 2023, they have made some major improvements including adding almost one million lights for a grand total of over two million lights!
Here are other things they've added or improved for this year.
- More one-of-a-kind, creative displays designed and built by artisans at the farm.
- Expanded parking to make the traffic flow more efficient and to create a design with a safer walk from the car to the trail entrance.
- Improved facilities - more porto potties, a wider/more stable trail, and better signage.
- A multi-window concession stand that is located inside of the trail for easier access and faster service.
- Non-peak pricing days to help make the events more budget-friendly.
If you are a fan who has been before, there will be favorites from past years, but 75% will be completely new displays and exhibits that have never been seen before. With a nearly one-mile trail that winds through 14 acres of beautiful, enchanted hardwood forest, you are going to adore Winter Wonders. It takes about an hour to see it all, as you go at your own pace.
Grab the family and get your tickets!
10 Places to See Amazing Christmas Light Displays in Maine
Gallery Credit: Lori Voornas
25 Photos of Maine Cats Who Can't Stay Away From Christmas Trees
Gallery Credit: Jeff Parsons