Rave N’ Rage 11/30/2017 – The Scoop on What’s Happening This Weekend
It's finally that time of week again, CYY Freaks! We have a ton of stuff happening this weekend - from tribute shows to major indie rock titans, there's something for everyone this time around. Have a look!
Learning to Fly: A Tribute to Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Portland House of Music (Portland)
8:00pm Doors - 9:00pm Music
$10 Advance / $12 Day of Show
- UPDATE: This show has officially sold out. On to the next show!
St. Vincent - Fear the Future Tour
State Theatre (Portland)
7:00pm Doors / 8:00pm Show
$35 Advance / $40 Day of Show
- The undisputed queen of quirky alt-rock, St. Vincent is still on a hot streak after releasing her self-titled record and collaboration record with Talking Heads' David Byrne. Known for her eccentric performances, her tour behind her new record "Masseduction" won't disappoint.
Cousin Earth w/ Beards
9:30pm Doors / 10:00pm Music
$7 Advance / $10 Day of Show
- This Brooklyn-based progressive Ukulele rock band is guaranteed to put on a show unlike anything you've ever seen. The group draws on a number of funk and latin influences, as well, so be prepared for dancing and feel-good vibes.
Riverside Bar and Grill (Bath)
- This Boston-based, female-fronted hard rock band continues to make waves all across New England. Recently receiving the honor of being named Pulse Magazine's Best Hard Rock/Metal Act for the second time, this free show will be an easy delight for headbangers.
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
Port City Music Hall (Portland)
7:00pm Doors / 8:00pm Music
$18 Advance / $20 Day of Show
- If Elvis Costello had been raised on 50-word-per-minute punk music, then this might have been the musical result. Ted Leo is a long time veteran of the New York City hardcore scene, and has made waves with several bands including Citizen's Arrest and Chisel.
Did we miss something you're excited about? Leave it on the comments to help spread the word!