Rave N Rage – Live Music for the weekend of 5/16/2019
Hey CYY Freaks! It's been a little while since we've done one of these - I've been away on and off for the past few weeks. So, let's not waste any time and dive right back in! Here are some cool shows to scope out this weekend:
THURSDAY MAY 16th
Raffi Der Simonian w/ Emilia Dahlin (New Album – LEAP)
Portland House of Music (Portland)
7:00pm Doors / 8:00pm Music
$10 Advance / $15 DOS
- Raffi Der Simonian is a damn good songwriter, and we've been patiently waiting for him to put out another record. Our hopes are being answered with the release of "LEAP" on Thursday night at Portland House of Music. Pick up a copy while you can!
Getmo, The O’Harrows, Sonic Libido, Zesty
9:00pm Doors / 10:0pm Show
- If you're looking for a good marriage of Funk and Ska for an evening, this show has you covered. The opportunity to catch all 4 of these acts on one bill doesn't come around often, so jump on it!
SATURDAY MAY 18th
Abertooth Lincoln w/ As Friends, Osima, Random Ideas
Geno’s Rock Club (Portland)
- For a genre that usually protests labels, Progressive Punk is a perfect description for Ohio based Abertooth Lincoln. Backed up by awesome rock bands from here in Maine, this bill is for everyone who wants to move around and band their heads a little.
Draw the Line w/ Neon Gypsy
Mixer’s Nightclub and Lounge (Sabattus)
- Aerosmith is one of those acts that's really hard to cover well, but draw the line have both the sound AND the vibe of this act down. Playing with them is Neon Gypsy, an emerging rock act that we're really digging.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY MAY 17th & 18th
All Roads Music Festival (Rustic Overtones, The Mallett Brothers, Spose, etc)
Multiple Venues (Belfast, ME)
7:00pm Start Friday / 12pm, Start Saturday
$20-$55, depending on what you want
- What can we say about All Roads that hasn't already been said? It's THE spot for local music lovers this weekend. With stages all over town and too many awesome performers to count, just have a peek at the schedule here to get a taste for ho you want to navigate the festival.