Rave ‘N’ Rage – Live Music for the Weekend of 6/21/2018
FINALLY! IT'S HERE! The first day of summer is upon us! It's a little cloudy, which is a bummer, but there's always live music to cheer us up. Here's this weekend's lineup:
Ben Caplan & the Casual Smokers w/ Travis Cyr
9:00pm Doors / 10:00pm Show
- This guy’s bio calls him a “charismatic charmer and smasher of pianos." I'm not sure exactly what that entails, but I'm certain that this show will be pretty damn cool.
Lettuce w/ Galactic & Jaw Gems
Thompson’s Point (Portland)
4:00pm Doors / 5:00pm Show
$39.50 Advance / $45 Day of Show
- Three excellent jam-oriented bands that all bring a healthy dose of funk to the table share the stage at Thompson's Point - what more could you want?
Kieran Kane & Rayna Gellert
Bangor Arts Exchange Ballroom (Bangor)
7:30pm Doors / 8:00pm Show
$20 Advance / $25 Day of Show
- Organized by New Nashville North, a concert series which aims to bring more nationally touring Americana acts to Bangor, these two industry vets are bound to deliver a raw, moving performance.
In Honor of Jeff Buckley
Portland House of Music (Portland)
8:00pm Doors / 9:00pm Show
$12 Advance / $15 Day of Show
- This tribute night is being done a little differently this time - two female vocalists, Gina Alibrio and Cilla Bonnie, will be splitting up vocal duties and covering a wide variety of songs from Buckley's catalog. A must for any dedicated fan.
The Toasters w/ The Pubcrawlers and Special Guests
Geno’s Rock Club (Portland)
8:30pm Doors / 9:00pm Show
$10 Advance / $13 Day of Show
- This NYC Ska mainstay is making their way to Portland for the first time in a while, and will be joined by some standouts in the local scene. Rockers, this is the one for you this weekend!
That's all for now! As always, feel free to plug something you think will be cool in the comments, if you're so inclined.