Coachella Death Linked to Overdose
The woman collapsed at the two-weekend music fest last weekend, and was treated onsite by medical staff. She was taken to a hospital in Indio, Calif., the location of the annual festival. She apparently overdosed on drugs or alcohol.
She was then transported to a medical center in Palm Springs, where she passed away Thursday afternoon.
“We believe this to be an unfortunate but isolated incident,” said Goldenvoice, the show’s promoter, said in a statement. “Our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends.”