KahBang Festival Cancels All Music
After surprising many last month with the announcement that the KahBang Music, Film & Art Festival would move from Bangor to Portland, organizers recently said they would cancel all music at the festival set for this weekend.
“[W]e are extremely saddened to announce that the Music Festival is not able to go forward in 2014, and with a heavy heart we must cancel our scheduled music performances,” reads a July 31 statement on the festival’s website. “The community in Portland has been great and welcomed us with open arms but several setbacks in our planning the last few weeks, including the loss of some major sponsors, has made it very difficult for us to stage our music events.”
The festival, which runs form Aug. 7-10, had been set to host several music acts including St. Vincent (above) and rapper DMX at the State Theatre.
“We are still working through many details, and we understand that this will undoubtedly cause inconveniences and frustration for many festival-goers,” the statement continues. “Questions can be directed at firstname.lastname@example.org where we will be working as best we can to get people information and answers. Those who bought tickets online through Ticketmaster can contact them directly for a refund.”
In July, festival organizers said a lack of camping and affordable housing in the Bangor area contributed to the decision to move the festival to Portland.
The festival’s film screenings and art exhibits will continue as planned.