Employee Injured From Flash Fire at Lisa’s Pizza in Old Orchard Beach
It happened while lighting a stove.
An employee at the popular Lisa's Pizza in downtown Old Orchard Beach had to be taken to the hospital Saturday night after an oven caught on fire.
According to the Saco Bay News, the Old Orchard Beach Fire Captain, Norman Gendron, said that an oven caught on fire after the employee was relighting the pilot light. The woman was taken to the hospital with burns on her face and arms. This happened around 630 on Saturday, June 17. No one else was hurt in the 'flash fire'. They think it happened because of a buildup of gas after the oven's pilot light went out. I have a gas stove top, and when a burner doesn't go immediately, I'm always afraid of the puff of fire that could occur.
Obviously, the community was concerned for the woman hurt and Lisa's Pizza let everyone know that she is going to be okay after some recovery time. They are grateful for the well wishes and prayers.
There was no damage to the building, but Lisa's Pizza did close for the rest of the night so the Fire Marshal's office could come and inspect. They are back open now.
I'm glad they are back. Nothing beats a slice of pie while walking the beach.
They are a take-out restaurant, and they try to be prompt, but they do recommend you call ahead if you want a whole pizza or dinner to go. I mean it's Old Orchard Beach...they get a little busy.