Rave ‘N’ Rage – Live Music Roundup for Labor Day Weekend
Hey CYY freaks! We're back to filling you in on everything live music on the weekends with Rave 'N' Rage! It's been a long summer, and I for one am happy to get back to business as usual. So, without further ado, here's this weekend's recommended shows!
SnugHouse w/ Danny Fishman, Charles Kemos
8:00pm Doors / 9:00pm Music
$7 Advance / $10 Day of Show
- Seriously, for those of you who haven't seen SnugHouse live yet - go. You won't regret it. Their top-notch blend of 4-part vocal harmonies and touching instrumentals have quickly made them one of Maine's most interesting musical exports.
ZZ Top w/ Murcelago
Maine State Pier (Portland)
6:00pm Doors / 7:00pm Show
- ZZ Top if the prime example of a rock band that's managed to maintain a consistently rewarding live show since their heyday back in the 1970s. They'll be joined by Murcelago, one of my favorite local bands, who somehow manage to keep playing shows, even though they "called it a day" a while ago. No matter - as long as I can still see 'em live, I'm happy.
Mathews Fest 2.0
- The time for music festivals is coming to a close, along with the warm weather. For those who want to get out and enjoy one more, but perhaps aren't in the mood for something huge, this is for you. Local bands will be rocking on the Mathew's roof deck from noon to midnight, and a good selection of them at that.
Ghostland featuring The Ghost of Paul Revere
Thompson’s Point (Portland)
4:00pm Doors / 5:00pm Show
$35 Advance / $40 Day of Show
- For those looking to fill your festival fix with something a bit more grand, look no further. The Ghost of Paul Revere is continuing to live up to their solid reputation as a great live band, and are throwing their own festival this weekend featuring local food, music, and the last few days of temperate weather.
Local Laughs: Back to School
8:00pm Doors / 8:30pm Show
- Resident CYY comedian Bret Groh is far too humble to promote his own show like this, so I'm going to brag in his stead. Local Laughs is awesome, and the solid comedian lineup for this next event is solid. Brett himself will be doing a set! If you've ever wondered what it's like to be sat in a room and regaled with Brett's on air comedy routine, this is your chance.
That's all for now, but check back in next weekend to get a glimpse of what September has in store for us!