Rave N’ Rage 12/7/2017 – What’s Going On This Weekend
It's finally that time of week again, CYY freaks! Let's take a look at all the cool stuff going on around Maine this weekend. From comedy to tribute nights to charity, there's quite a lot!
The Focus Group Presents: Santa BAEby
Bangor Arts Exchange (Bangor)
Doors - 7:30pm / Show - 8:00pm
$5 Cover (Advance & Day of Show)
- This Brewer based comedy troupe is a real hoot, and as you may have guessed by the name, this is their Christmas themed show. With a Facebook page where the interests read "long walks, moonlight, and jokes about bodily functions," how can you really lose?
An Evening With The Music of Whitney Huston (Tribute Show)
Portland House of Music (Portland)
Doors - 8:00pm / Show - 9:00pm
$8 Advance / $12 Day of Show
- Who doesn't love Whitney Huston? Seriously. Head over to PHOME to see a slew of amazing local musicians tackle fan favorites from her huge catalog.
Rock Your Elf Off The Shelf: Benefit Show for OOB School Playgrounds featuring Tickle & the Tri-City All Stars
The Brunswick (Old Orchard Beach)
- A night of music for a good cause is one of the best reasons to go out and about, or at least we think so. This benefit show will feature music from local cover band Tickle, as well as a supergroup of musicians from the OOB area who came together to write the song in the video above.
The Dapper Gents
Dirigo Brewing Company (Biddeford)
- This well known Portland-based band gets their name from the fact that they're impeccably dressed for every single show. We're talking vests, moustaches, the whole 9 yards. That, and they're amazing musicians to boot!
Tribute 2: Third Eye Blind
Doors - 9:30pm / Show - 10:00pm
$10 Cover (Advance & Day of Show)
- A relativly recent adddition to the lineup of cool shows at Empire, Tribute 2 is a monthly tribute show that focuses each night on a different artist. This month it's one of our favorites here at CYY - you can bet on us being there and belting along obnoxiously.
Did we miss something you're excited about? Share it in the comments to help get the word out!