‘The Ultimate Metallica Show’ – Playlist and Recap – April 24, 2022
Nine Inch Nails. The Strokes. Metallica.
Boston Calling is going to be an epic weekend. Of course, we're most excited to see 'Tallica close things out on Sunday, May 29, but really, it's going to be a pretty amazing three days at the Harvard Athletic Complex. As we've been doing for weeks now, every edition of The Ultimate Metallica Show leading up to May 29 will be dedicated to getting us ready—and excited—to see Metallica return to Boston for the first time since 2017.
On Sunday night's show, we tossed up some pretty amazing covers from Metallica, including their takes on Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' "Loverman" and Killing Joke's "The Wait," and we even threw out a little country-fried rock and roll with Jon Pardi's cover of "Wherever I May Roam." And obviously, the show was full of plenty of other Metallica goodies, too.
As always, if you missed anything, we have you covered.
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 1
- "King Nothing" — Load
- "Spit Out the Bone" — Hardwired...to Self-Destruct
- "Ride the Lightning" — Some Kind of Monster EP
- "Cyanide" — Through the Never Soundtrack
- "Jump in the Fire" — Kill 'Em All
- "Nothing Else Matters" — Cover by PG Roxette, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "All Your Lies" — Soundgarden cover, Live at "I Am the Highway: A Tribute to Chris Cornell," The Forum, Los Angeles, California, Jan. 16, 2019
- "Fight Fire With Fire" — Ride the Lightning
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 2
- "The Day That Never Comes" — Death Magnetic
- "Seek and Destroy" — Kill 'Em All
- "Loverman" — Garage Inc.
- "The Unforgiven" — Metallica
- "The Wait" — The $5.98 EP: Garage Days Re-Revisited
- "Wherever I May Roam" — Cover by Jon Pardi, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "All Within My Hands" — St. Anger
- "Hit the Lights" — Kill 'Em All
Are you heading to Boston Calling? Hit me up on the CYY app and send me a message—let's rock out together on Sunday, May 29!