‘The Ultimate Metallica Show’ – Playlist and Recap – July 31, 2022
Last week we celebrated Kill 'Em All, Metallica's debut album that turned 39 years old on Monday, July 25. On last night's edition of The Ultimate Metallica Show, I kept the celebrations going, this time for their second studio LP, Ride the Lightning. It turned 38 years old on July 27, so I made sure to pull out a couple of my favorite tracks from that record.
I also cranked up a live track from their show in Copenhagen back in June, spun a request for a deep cut on St. Anger and I even played a Metallica cover of a Motorhead tune and a Motorhead cover of a Metalica tune.
It was a crazy night—and a lot of fun.
If you missed it, don't worry, I have you covered.
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 1
- "Fade to Black" — Ride the Lightning
- "Nothing Else Matters" — Live at Voodoo Music + Arts Experience, New Orleans, Louisiana, Oct. 27, 2012
- "The Day That Never Comes" — Death Magnetic
- "All Within My Hands" — St. Anger
- "Hero of the Day" — S&M
- "Sad But True" — Cover by St. Vincent, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "Too Late Too Late" — Garage Inc.
- "Mama Said" — Load
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 2
- "Fuel" — Reload
- "Sabbra Cadabra" — Garage Inc.
- "Bleeding Me" — Live at COPENHELL, Copenhagen, Denmark, June 15, 2022
- "The Call of Ktulu" — Ride the Lightning
- "Hardwired" — Hardwired...to Self-Destruct
- "Whiplash" — Cover by Motorhead, Under Cöver
- "Enter Sandman" — Live at Tushino Airfield, Moscow, Russia, Sept. 28, 1991
- "Hit the Lights" — Kill 'Em All
An Important Update
On next week's show (August 7), I'm inviting Rich from Toucher and Rich into the CYY studios to share some of his favorite Metallica tracks. I can't wait for this. If you want to get in touch with us, hit me up on the CYY app anytime this week.