Rave ‘N’ Rage – Live Music for the Weekend of 7/13/2018
John Butler Trio
State Theatre (Portland)
7:00pm Doors / 8:00pm Show
$35 Advance / $40 Day of Show
- If you haven't seen what this guy can do with a guitar, then you're missing out. John Butler is completely enthralling by himself, but he'll be joined by his bassist and drummer on Friday for what's bound to be a night of some supreme musical talent.
Go Big for Hunger Presents: Otis Redding III
Portland House of Music (Portland)
8:00pm Doors / 9:00pm Show
$15 Advance / $20 Day of Show
- Go Big for Hunger has two excellent things going for it - one, its mission of feeding children in need is one everyone can get behind, and two, they book some incredible acts for fundraiser shows. This weekend's show is no different, featuring Otis Redding III (Yes, son of the famous Otis Redding) playing a set at Portland House of Music. Good cause and good tunes? I'm there.
DiNola Fest 2018 (7/13-7/14)
Live at 212 (Westbrook)
- Live at 212 has a reputation for being the home or original rock music in Westbrook, and does a damn fine job living up to it. This weekend sees them hosting DiNola Fest, based around the aptly named NOLA based band, who make their way up annually. Check out the event page for a full list of bands! (Mine just might be one of them...)
Helefest 2018 (7/13-7/15)
Downtown Jackman, ME
- Now in the second year of the festival, Helefest is cranking up the intensity this year. Featuring bands from all over the northeast, this camping and music festival is bound to draw people from all over Maine!
Ramallah, Cruel Hand, On The Outside
Bangor Arts Exchange Ballroom (Bangor)
5:00pm Doors / 5:30pm Show
- For fans of hardcore shows, this one is a must. Judging from the video below, things are definitely going to get just the right kind of rowdy. Plus, when the bands are this musically talented, there'll be something for those of us who prefer to watch from the back, and not participate in the pit madness.
4th Annual Queen Tribute Night
Port City Music Hall (Portland)
8:00pm Doors / 9:00pm Show
$12 Advance / $15 Day of Show
- The Masterstroke Queen Experience wouldn't be doing this for a 4th consecutive year if it wasn't dynamite... And trust me - it is. Featuring guest appearances by local musicians like Reneé Coolbrith, JanaeSound and more, this tribute to one of the greatest rock bands of all time is bound to impress.
The Worst, Borderlines, Time Out Timmy
9:00pm Doors / 10:00pm Show
- Bust out the leather jackets and temporary tattoos! That is, if you aren't covered in real ones. The Worst is garnering plenty of well-deserved attention in the Portland area, and Borderlines and Time Out Timmy are no slouches either. Definitely check this one out if you're a fan or local, original music!