‘The Ultimate Metallica Show’ – Playlist and Recap – January 30, 2022
Another weekend full of snow, another Sunday full of amazing football games.
I'll leave the snow talk to the weather people the sports commentary to Toucher and Rich, because another weekend also means another episode of The Ulitmate Metallica Show, and that's where I come in.
This past week, we celebrated the anniversary of the documentary premiere of Some Kind of Monster, we learned a lot through a pretty comprehensive interview with Jason Newsted, and we even traveled back in time to the '80s for an unforgettable concert with Metallica. So on Sunday night's show, we celebrated all of these things and more.
You can check out the full recap—which included a surprise guitar solo to wrap up Hour 1—below.
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 1
- "Some Kind of Monster" — Some Kind of Monster EP
- "The Unforgiven" — Metallica
- "Eye of the Beholder" — ...And Justice For All
- "2 X 4" — Load
- "For Whom the Bell Tolls" — Live at Monsters of Rock Festival, Castle Donington, England, Aug. 22, 1987
- "Of Wolf and Man" — Cover by Goodnight, Texas, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "Die, Die My Darling" — Garage Inc.
- "Cyanide" — Death Magnetic
- SURPRISE: I threw in a surprise guitar solo from "Kirk Hamster," recorded at Grugahalle in Essen, West Germany, on Jan. 25, 1987.
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 2
- "Fixxxer" — Reload
- "Nothing Else Matters" — Live at Voodoo Music + Arts Experience, New Orleans, Louisiana, Oct. 27, 2012
- "Fight Fire With Fire" — Ride the Lightning
- "Holier Than Thou" — "Writing In Progress" demo into the Metallica studio track
- "Motorbreath" — Live at Le Boule Noire, Paris, France, June 11, 2003
- "Sad But True" — Cover by St. Vincent, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "Halo on Fire" — Hardwired...to Self-Destruct
- "Hit the Lights" — Kill 'Em All
Don't forget: You can send me a message anytime during the week and make your requests for The Ultimate Metallica Show. Just download the CYY app and hit me up!