Gifford’s Ice Cream Stands Are Open With 5 New Flavors
Summer is coming and Gifford's is ready with 5 new flavors of ice cream!
Gifford's family-owned ice cream stands are open! Sure, it's a couple months late, but ya know...
First and foremost, Gifford's wasn't about to open without having every safety standard in place. Farmington is open and Waterville and Bangor open today! Auburn is close, but no date yet on that stand. They tested out an opening for Skowhegan to see how the social distancing went. It was a huge success. I think people would jump through hoola hoops for Gifford’s.
Before we cover the 5 new amazing ice cream flavors, here's how they are keeping you and themselves safe. Strict employee protocols for masking, scooping, sanitization, and more are in place to maintain the safety of those ordering. Additionally, customer guidelines are as follows:
- Limit your group to one or two people when placing orders
- No pets or children are allowed on the counters
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others whenever possible
- Adhere to spacing lines in place when waiting in line for the window
- After placing your order, please move to the designated pick-up area
- Remain behind the pick-up line until your order is ready
- Scoopers will place your order on the counter and call your name; please note that all orders will be packed “to go”
- After the window is closed, please pick up your order and return to your vehicle
Now onto the new flavors! Every stand will of course have the very popular Patriot's themed 'Dough Your Job' flavor and these 5 new ones!
- Cinnamon Granola Crunch - Cinnamon granola clusters mixed into buttery ice cream churned with brown sugar cinnamon
- German Chocolate Cake – Blast from the past! Thick caramel coconut rippled through rich chocolate ice cream with double-chocolate cake crunch
- Lemon Berry Shortcake - Maine wild blueberry ripples in refreshing lemon ice cream stocked with shortcake pieces
- Strawberry Cake Crunch - A swirled mashup of creamy vanilla ice cream, sweet strawberry ice cream and a yummy white cake crunch
- Peanut Butter Caramel Cookie Dough – Call it a comeback! Back by popular demand - chunks of cookie dough and giant chocolate chips dot peanut butter ice cream swirled with caramel sauce
Life just got a little bit better didn't it? Having tried all five (someone's gotta do it), I can announce that they are amazing. My favorite might actually be (and I was surprised) the Cinnamon Granola Crunch. I'm thinking with the word granola it could be for breakfast.
Welcome back Gifford's!