‘The Ultimate Metallica Show’ – Playlist and Recap – January 23, 2022
I know, I know.
This weekend, everybody was glued to the TV as the NFL playoffs were underway. It was a pretty exciting couple of days—Tom Brady and the Bucs got knocked out...THAT KANSAS CITY GAME...and many, many other things—but I'll let Toucher and Rich handle all the commentary.
They're the pros.
I'm the Metallica fan.
And as the 'Tallica fan, I took it upon myself to make sure our weekend wrapped up loud and heavy. Whether you're disappointed or happy with the games, one thing is for certain: You can rely on The Ultimate Metallica Show to take your Sunday night to a whole new level.
If you missed the show, you can check out the full playlist below. And don't worry, we do this every Sunday from 10PM-Midnight—and believe me when I say the next few weeks are going to be a lot of fun as we get ready for Metallica's arrival to New England for Boston Calling!
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 1
- "Spit Out the Bone" — Hardwired...to Self-Destruct
- "For Whom the Bell Tolls" — Ride the Lightning
- "Of Wolf and Man" — Metallica
- "The Memory Remains" — Reload
- "Phantom Lord" (Fan Can Volume 5) — Live at The Fillmore, San Francisco, California, May 21, 2003
- "Sad But True" — Cover by White Reaper, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "...And Justice For All" — ...And Justice For All
- "The Four Horsemen" — Kill 'Em All
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 2
- "Crash Course in Brain Surgery" — The $5.98 E.P. – Garage Days Re-Revisited
- "Master of Puppets" — Master of Puppets
- "Creeping Death" (Acoustic) — Live at Metallica HQ, San Rafael, California, Nov. 14, 2020
- "Atlas, Rise!" — Hardwired...to Self-Destruct
- "Escape" — Live at Orion Music + More Festival, Atlantic City, New Jersey, June 23, 2012
- "Holier Than Thou" — Cover by Corey Taylor, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "It's Electric" — Garage Inc.
- "Hit the Lights" — Kill 'Em All
I took a few requests from the CYY app this weekend; don't forget you can always send me a message anytime and I'll try to get your picks on the air!