‘The Ultimate Metallica Show’ – Playlist and Recap – February 13, 2022
It's not that hard to imagine. A massive pyro show. Four or five of their biggest hits, like "Fuel" and "Enter Sandman." And voila, you have an unforgettable halftime show that unites fans of all ages and serves as a perfect, rock-filled segue between the game's two halves.
Until then—and after, if it ever happens—don't worry, we'll keep celebrating all things Metallica on The Ultimate Metallica Show. On Sunday night's show, we didn't give too much airtime to the Super Bowl and instead put our focus squarely on the one and only Mr. Cliff Burton as we honored him just a few days after what would have been his 60th birthday.
If you missed the show, don't worry, you can see the full playlist and recap below.
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 1
- "(Anesthesia)—Pulling Teeth" — Kill 'Em All
- "For Whom the Bell Tolls" — Live at Arena Building, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, May 24, 1986
- "Master of Puppets" —Live at Chase Center, San Francisco, California, Dec. 19, 2021
- "Disposable Heroes" — Master of Puppets
- "Devil's Dance" — Reload
- "One" — Cover by Korn, MTV Icon 2003
- "The Judas Kiss" — Death Magnetic
- "Last Caress / Green Hell" — The $5.98 E.P. – Garage Days Re-Revisited
The Ultimate Metallica Show — Hour 2
- "Orion" — Master of Puppets
- "Jump in the Fire" — Kill 'Em All
- "The Struggle Within" — "Writing in Progress" demo into the Metallica track
- "St. Anger" — St. Anger
- "Low Man's Lyric" — Reload
- "Nothing Else Matters" — Cover by Phoebe Bridgers, The Metallica Blacklist Album
- "King Nothing" — Load
- "Hit the Lights" — Kill 'Em All
And if you forgot, you can drop me a line anytime during the week via the CYY app. Send me a song request and I'll see if I can sneak it in on our next show.